TOWN OF LIBERTY
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
Board members present: Chair Orlin Engh, Supervisor Adrian Amelse, Clerk Sharon Engh, Treasurer Chris Abrahamson, Supervisor Bill Townsley.
Public Electors preset: Paul Linskins, Kevin Dempsey, Karen Peterson, Dan Polhamus, Carrie Venok, Catherine Fox, Carol Theis, Terry Theis, Heidi Stendel and Patty Pietsch
- The meeting was called to order by chair Engh at 6:32pm.
- The rules for the meeting were explained: When Chris is presenting there will be no talking. When someone has the floor, there will also be no extra talking.
- Chris presented the proposed budget for 2024. It is on file and attached to these minutes.
- Questions, comments and concerns: There were quite a few. Somes of them were: Why did the tax levy decrease so much the year before; some asked about the general debt and asked that we have public meetings in the future when we have large purchases; the status of the dump truck; where did the savings from closing Gore Hollow go; why don’t we use more of the reserve money instead of raising the levy. All questions were answered to the best of the ability of those that knew.
- Kevin Dempsey moved to adjourn the meeting at 7:26pm Terry Theis seconded all in favor motion carried.