TOWN OF LIBERTY
April 23, 2020
1. Chairman Terry Theis called the monthly meeting of the Town of Liberty to order at 6:30 pm. on Monday, April 23, 2020 via phone conference ID#00477. Members present were Terry Theis, Nicole Rakobitsch, Adrian Amelse, Treasurer Karen Peterson and Clerk Lori Polhamus.
2. Motion by Rakobitsch/second by Amelse to approve the minutes of the previous meeting as presented. All in favor. Motion carried.
3. Treasurer’s report. (report attached) Peterson read the Treasurer’s report. Beginning cash balance as of 03/1/2020 was $19,568.45 and an ending cash balance as of 03/31/2020 of $1704.88 was reported. Interest year to date on the General Fund was $14.87 and interest earned year to date on the Tax Account was $51.39. There is $121,402.14 available in the tax account.
4. Patrolman's Report – Orlin stated the grader is working great with no breakdowns. The roads are ditched and reshaped. We have had nine no shining signs taken and four posts and a police report has been done. The turnaround project needs two more loads of gravel.
5. First Period for public comment – none
6. Town Announcements - we had 129 voters on April 7 th with 63 being absentee. That was a 61% turnout. Martin is not ready yet with Board of Review but we still have to meet and adjourn. The mailboxes on Gore Hollow will not have to be moved to a central location but some individual mailboxes are in the ditch that may need to be moved. Theis requested Amelse work with the County Highway Commissioner regarding the road ditch on Hwy S and Ames Hill Road. Theis reminded the Board of Open meetings law and quorums and would accept resignations of anyone that cannot abide by these rules. Amelse stated that residents are calling with concerns and he is addressing them.
Supervisor Amelse left the meeting at 6:45pm
7. Gravel bid opening with possible action – we received one bid from Kraemer Company for ¾ base and 3 inch minus breaker run tailgate spread of $9.78 per cubic yard or $7.24 per ton. Motion by Rakobitsch/second by Theis to approve the bid from Kraemer Company. All in favor. Motion carried.
8. Discussion with possible action on website updates – it was suggested to have Sally Cano do the updates for a fee. Theis would like to schedule a meeting with her before the Board when possible. Rakobitsch will contact her for pricing. Motion by Rakobitsch/second by Theis to approve up to $500/year for website updates with Sally's Services. All in favor. Motion carried.
9. Approval of land survey to finish land deed on Gore Hollow Road – Motion by Rakobitsch/second by Theis to approve the land survey up to $500 for the land deed on Gore Hollow Road. All in favor. Motion carried.
10. Discussion with possible action on cost overrun of Gore Hollow turnaround project due to fiber optic cable – the estimate of the project was at $4000 and we are currently at $5100 for the project which is mostly complete. Motion by Rakobitsch/second by Theis to approve the cost overrun for the Gore Hollow turnaround project. All in favor. Motion carried.
11. Discussion with possible action on DNR seeding for turnaround project on Gore Hollow Road – Paul Linskens has volunteered to put the seed down and we would need about three 50 pound bags at $95.00/bag. Motion by Rakobitsch/second by Theis to approve the purchase of three bags of seeding at $95/bag. All in favor. Motion carried.
12. Discussion with possible action on advertising for part time patrolman helper position – Carl has stated he will be done in September and we need a job description of what we expect from this position prior to hiring. The job description will be discussed at the May meeting with advertising decision in June.
13. Set proposed date of Annual Meeting – June 8 th at 6pm prior to the regular Town meeting will be the proposed date of the Annual meeting postponed from April 23 rd due to Covid-19.
14. Update on draft zoning ordinance and proposed cell tower ordinance – no update
15. Action & Approval on monthly bills – Motion by Rakobitsch/second by Theis to approve total bills of $13,084.18 as presented. All in favor. Motion carried.
16. Review of building permits (if any) - We had one permit for Jennifer McBride for a shed/garage.
17. Second period for public comment – none
18. Future agenda items – as noted within these minutes.
Motion by Rakobitsch/second by Theis to adjourn the meeting at 7:06 pm. All in favor. Motion carried.
Minutes submitted by: Lori Polhamus, Town Clerk