TOWN OF LIBERTY
December 10, 2018
Chairman Terry Theis called the monthly meeting of the Town of Liberty to order at 6:00 pm. on Monday, December 10, 2018 at the Liberty Town Hall and proceeded with the Pledge of Allegiance. Members present were Terry Theis, Adrian Amelse, Nicole Rakobitsch and Treasurer Karen Peterson. Clerk Lori Polhamus was excused.
2. Treasurer Karen Peterson read the minutes of the November 12, 2018 regular town meeting. Motion by Amelse/second by Rakobitsch to approve the minutes of the previous meeting as read. All in favor. Motion carried.
3. Treasurer’s report. (report attached) Peterson read the Treasurer’s report. Beginning cash balance as of 11/1/18 was $18,676.74 and an ending cash balance as of 11/30/18 of $45,249.59 was reported. Interest year to date on the General Fund was $24.64 and interest earned year to date on the Tax Account was $88.99. There is $25,311.10 available in the tax account.
4. Town Announcements– none
5.Discussion with possible action on request to change meeting time– Motion by Amelse/second by Rakobitsch to change the meeting time to 6:30 pm starting with the January 2019 meeting. All in favor. Motion carried.
6. Discussion with possible action on fire department turnout gear– Discussion was had on the budget for the turnout gear. $81,000 is required for thirty pieces of new turnout gear. The Board was concerned that the price is much higher than we originally heard. Liberty is the Chair for the Fire Board beginning in January 2019. This item will be discussed at the next meeting to be held in January or February. No action was taken at this time.
7.Discussion with possible action on adding patrolman report to meeting agendas & reimbursements for attending– Motion by Amelse/second by Rakobitsch to have Orlin attend each Board meeting and give a five minute report. Patrolman to be paid his hourly rate for however long the meeting is. All in favor. Motion carried.
8. Discussion with possible action on shining ordinance– Amelse drafted a shining ordinance for the Town of Liberty. He is still trying to get this approved at the county level. He is also going to find out who enforces the ordinance at the Town level – is it the County Sheriff? No action was taken at this time.
9. Discussion with possible action on zoning ordinance– discussion was held on possible zoning. The Board is in favor of pursuing zoning. There was some discussion on the comprehensive plan and the plan's vision for zoning.
10.Discussion on Earthbind 100 dust control– Discussion was held on Earthbind and it's efficiency. Orlin will look into it and report back. The cost is similar to pine tar products. We need to have a dust control plan in place for this summer from May to October. Discussion on possible property owner cost share with the town on the cost of dust control was had. No action was taken at this time.
11. Capital improvement plan discussion – Theis received a quote from Albright Electric for $10,500. He is the only contractor that has responded so far. Quote is for new service, trenching under road, etc.
12.Action & Approval on monthly bills– Motion by Amelse/second by Rakobitsch to approve total bills of $12,205.40 as presented. All in favor. Motion carried.
13.Review of building permits (if any) - none
14.Period for public comment – none
15. Future agenda items– None
Motion by Amelse/second by Rakobitsch to adjourn the meeting at 7:14 pm. All in favor. Motion carried.
Minutes submitted by: Nicole Rakobitsch, Town Supervisor